Monday, August 5, 2013

Where's my week going?

It's only Monday but I've got so much planned for this week that I feel like its going to fly by so quick.  It is filled with happy stuff so I can't complain.

Here is a rehash of my list for August:

 Finish Curve Medallion Top
We Bee New Blocks
City Sampler SAL- Finish up to Block 42
Zakka SAL: Stay caught up
1 and Half Quilt (Still a UFO): Squared and sandwiched
Squared Quilt- sandwiched needs to be quilted and bind (In the process of being quilted as we speak)

I think that everything on it is pretty reasonable.  I also have to get caught up on my July and August blocks for the Gen X Sister's Ten BOM and I think I'm two blocks behind on the Virtual Quilting Bee. 

My goals for this week is to finish quilting and binding my "Squared" quilt, sew my flying geese for the Star Surround QAL, and hopefully finish the quilt top for this weeks' Patchwork Please! Zakka SAL.  The last one might be a little bit of me dreaming. 

Speaking of Patchwork Please! Here's my box from last week:



I already put it to work holding all my stuff!  I would say out of all the projects so far this one was my least favorite only because mine turn out so floppy but it is still loved and going to be used.  I submitted it late last night with only about an hour to link up and early this morning I got an email saying I was the winner of this week's prize, it pays to procrastinate sometimes!  The prize is a yard of Pellon featherweight interfacing and a $50 GC to Zipit.  The funny story is yesterday I had went to Joann and stocked up on interfacing at 40%off plus an extra 25% and last night when I was done submitting my project I went to Zipit on Etsy and ordered 65 12"zippers because Stephanie over at Quarter Incher had a discount code for 15%off.  Isn't it funny how life work out sometimes.  This prize will be there when I start to run out of stuff in the future.  I love winning!!!

Happy Monday everyone.  I'm submitting my August goals over at Sew Bitter Sweet Designs for a Lovely Year of Finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment