Friday, May 16, 2014

Finish It Up Friday.

Super jealous of all the people who are at Quilt Market right now.  One day I will make there you just wait and see.  For now I have the day off and a little show and tell of my newest finish. 

First off here's a little detail behind my project.  Our kitchen table chairs have white padding and with two little ones they are hard to keep them clean so I knew I had to cover them.  After looking for seat covers for a while I decided I would have to make them.  This is what I came up with.

 
This is without barely any knowledge at all as to how to do this. I knew that this wasn't going to be a permanent solution but for right now it would have to due.  I made 2 and kind of just gave up.  The other two chairs have been covered with random t-shirts and blankets throughout the years.  When I came across a pillow pattern in Volume 7 of the Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine I knew that that was it.  The perfect design for my chair covers. 
 
 
It was the perfect size.  That's how you know it was meant to be.  I did some light straight line quilting.


 
 
I put premade piping around the edges. Something about piping makes it look so finished and polished off.  Now let's see if I can manage 3 more.  Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to enter my giveaway for SMS Giveaway Week.  I will draw a winner tonight. 
 
 
Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts.
 

 
 

3 comments: