Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not A Lot of Wiping

There hasn't been a lot of sewing around here because we got to clean our house for family coming into town and a big birthday party.  That means a lot of projects on hold to be finished. 

First up is my Zakka SAL pieces.  I actually thought I was getting ahead by doing two projects this week but it turns out we were suppose to do two pieces anyhow. 

For the tea kettle cover I made a placemat for my kettle instead.  I have it sandwiched and basted ready for some quilting.

For the tea bag holder, I'm making two, they make great gifts.  I have the pockets sewn on and need to look for a string to sew the front and back together. 

Next up is my "Squared" quilt back that I just purchased the fabric for the back and hope to get that pieced, sandwiched, and basted soon. 

Finally I do have a finishes to share.  One of the Virtual Bee Blocks.  Now one more to catch up. I still have a few blocks from other QAL to finish. 

And luckily I was ahead in the Tula Pink City Sampler.  To be honest I did quite a few but got into a slump and put them away but when I pulled this week's three out I fell in love with them again.





June's Sisters' Ten QAL:  Cut  need to sew
Modern Block QAL: Spool Block : Need to start
Virtual Bee QAL: Need to start

The funny thing about these QALs is I will look at everybody else's blocks on flickr and since all of our fabric choices are so different I sometimes get confuse which block is which and most of time don't even recognize them, so I start freaking out thinking I'm missing a whole bunch of them when really I already made mine.  Have a great Wednesday y'all and linking up at Freshly Pieced, have you seen her new pattern, definitely getting it while its on sale. 

One last thing I made this for my Father in law for father's day:
Just as pretty as any sewing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment