Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finally Blogging Again!!!

Super exciting stuff here.  I've been avoiding blogging and sewing altogether with.  Honestly I thought I lost all of my sewjo.  I mean I've been trying to get into it with making a Christmas quilt out of the blocks I got from my wonderful bee, We Bee New, and believe me the block I assigned them was incredibly not fair on my part, it being my first bee I'm afraid I broke some bee etiquette but my ladies pulled through and I got the most amazing blocks that inspired me to do quite a bit with them.  Still I got about 3/4 of the way there for the top and then put it aside.

Today I had no plans for sewing but I looked over at my sewing table and saw the projects piling up and then it hit me.  I wanted to finish my Sisters' Ten BOM quilt.  I finally had all the blocks made and all the background fabric cut up and ready to go.  I decided to sew it all together once and for all. So I just did it.  It took 3 hours on and off but its done and I can't wait to share my experience with y'all when I can get some pictures taken. 

Now as far as blogging goes, I haven't stopped reading everybody else's blogs I just neglected mine a bit.  But I no longer have any excuses seeing as how we just got a new laptop thanks to Black Friday.  Before this I had to do blogging through my iPad or a very old desktop with a loose mouse and neither made it convenient or fun but I feel like this is way better and definitely more reliable.  Now all I got figure out is how to get pictures onto this thing.  Oh before this I did all my picture taking for the blog with my phone even though I have a really great camera I wasn't able to connect it to the iPad so I'm hoping with the new laptop I can get good quality pictures to share. 

I am very blessed to be able to do what I love and I'm very thankful that the quilting community is such a wonderful place to share all of it with.  Can't wait to keep blogging, sewing, and blogging some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment