Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday!!!

I can't believe it's been close to two weeks since I've posted anything and it doesn't really feel like it has been that long.  Between camping last weekend and school starting this week I feel like my head is spinning. 

I did however get a very lovely package in the mail before we left for camping.



This was from the Triple Zipper Pouch Swap.  My partner was from Nevada and she definitely filled it with lots of goodies.  This one is more for looking than eating.  I don't know how everything fit but I'm glad it did.

It gave me the push to finish mine and get it in the mail. Too bad I didn't get any pictures so I hope my partner will post a picture when she receives it. I'm definitely a procrastinator when it comes to getting stuff to the postal office so I finished cutting up the fabric for the Low Volume Fat Eight Swap and the Heather Ross Charm Swap and got that sent out as well.  Poor Whitney from my We Bee New group had to wait for my tardy blocks.  I have no problem sewing them in time, it's that darn trip to the post office.  With all that said I'm all caught up on my swaps for now.  YAY!!!

I am also caught up with the Star Surround QAL.  I've got all 9 lovely stars sewn and pressed ready to be surrounded.

                 

 
I'm missing block 28 and 36 and then I'll be caught up with the City Sampler SAL.


Next up this week I need to play catch up with all my BOMs and my Patchwork Please! Zakka SAL.

I also have my "Squared" quilt quilted,  I just need to finish hand binding it and maybe a label of some sort .  I'm afraid this is the easy part, next up is finding the address for the recipient.  As this quilt is for an old classmate that is going through a rough journey with breast cancer, we weren't really friends but I knew her enough to know what a great person she is. 

I'm linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF over at [Amy's] Crafty Shenanigans.  Have a great weekend everyone. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your City blocks and stars (I am a huge star fan). I wish I had participated in the Triple Zip swap - I love those pouches! Thank you for linking up at TGIFF today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are one busy gal!!! Your stars look great, wonderful job on finishing them all up!!

    ReplyDelete