Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Working on those WIP Wednesday

As if I didn't have enough stuff I'm doing I decided to join in on the Tula Pink City Sample QAL.  I definitely had talked myself out of this one a few weeks ago when I first came across it. I even told myself to not buy the book when it first came out since I don't own any of Tula Pink's fabric!!!  But those blocks are soon darn irresistable and the pictures that are linking up of everybody else's block are looking real great.  So enough said I joined and believe me it was worth it.  From the choosing of the fabric from the stash to the cutting, sewing, pressing, and taking the pictures and now writing about it.  I loved every step of the way. 



Each block only finishes at 6 1/2 inches so they're not that big but they require 4-5 different fabrics and 20-25 pieces make up these beauties. Another good thing about these are you really can use up some scraps to make blocks that don't look scrappy.  I'm not trying to endorse this or anything I'm just really excited about it.  Here's all three together:


I actually finished the next three but will wait to post those.  I also got to do a couple more things but the only picture I got is this:

 
I cut and pressed these for the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge. Can you guess what I'm doing yet?  I'm linking up over at Lee's Freshly Pieced.  Can't wait to see what you're sewing. I'm getting rushed off the computer or I would tell you another thing I'm joining oh well next time!

2 comments:

  1. Those blocks are beautiful! You chose some very nice fabrics to work together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought this book, but it's not been sent out yet...very sad.... can't wait to have a go. Love your blocks..beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete