Saturday, April 6, 2013

Scrappy Saturday

Today (its actually been for a while now) I was thinking about my forever growing pile of scrap.  Since I'm just now beginning my quilting journey I have only recently found this pile to be a dilemma.  So far I've kept them in separate zip lock bags from project to project but I can only do that for so long.  I don't want to just throw them in all together nor do I want to just throw them away. One of my problems is I don't like to not know what I'm going to do with something, if that makes any sense.  I want to organize them in a way that I can do something with them such as by color, shape, or size, but then what if I do it one way but later find a project where I should've done it a different way?  Basically all I know is that I need to do something with them before my problem gets too big to handle.



I have some vague idea as to what I might want.  I recently purchased Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jeans over at Crazy Mom Quilts after borrowing it from the library more then once.  It's pack full of idea that I can't wait to start, I just don't have quite enough of scraps yet.  Then there's this one quilt from Material Obsession 2 called Maple Leaf Rag

I can just sew all of the scraps together and then when I have enough cut out the shapes I need.
My last thought is again sewing them all together but by colors like this over at Curlyque Sue.


What are you doing with your scraps?    

P.S.  Look what I just found!!!  Again not enough scrap yet but one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment